So, Why buy Freeze dried fruit?
Freeze dried fruit is available in a variety of forms, including whole fruit, fruit blends, chopped fruit nibs, and powders. Freeze drying (lyophilisation) is a low-temperature dehydration procedure that keeps the fruit's natural shape, color, and goodness.
Our freeze dried fruit is 100% fruit with no additional sugar, colorings, preservatives, or additives. It will also keep in the pantry for up to 9 months (in our click seal bags), making freeze dried fruit far more convenient than fresh fruit.
- As a nutritious snack, eat freeze dried fruit directly from the packet, such as whole freeze dried pineapple or banana.
- For natural sweetness and a vibrant flash of color, sprinkle some freeze dried fruit nibs on your yoghurt
- For a natural flavor and color, add freeze dried fruit powder to your cake mix.
- Sprinkle some freeze dried fruit nibs or powders into your pancake batter - this is very entertaining for kids.
- For more fruity gluten-free scones, ad freeze dried fruit such as apples or banana.
- You won't be sorry if you add freeze dried pineapple chunks when you serve a plate of cheese
- Make milkshakes with freeze dried fruit powders in a wide range of flavors and colors.
- Shake freeze-dried powders, such as banana or pineapple powder, into frozen drinks
- Dip cocktail glasses in fruit powders to create a colorful frosted rim with a fruity flavor.
- In your cookie dough, replace the chocolate chips with freeze dried fruit sprinkles such as banana or mango.
- Frozen fruit pops (lollies) can be made by blending yoghurt with frozen dry fruit.
- Shortbread recipes can benefit from the use of freeze-dried fruits and powders.
- Add the freeze-dried fruit and powders to the muffin batter.
- To make pies and crumbles, add freeze dried fruit or powders to stewed apples.
- Ice cream can be topped with freeze dried fruits or fruit nibs.
- For breakfast, mix frozen dry fruit or powders into natural or coconut yogurt.
- To produce a sorbet, use freeze dried blackcurrant together with pineapple powder.
- Experiment with flavor combinations by using powdered and entire fruits in homemade ice cream.
- For a luscious flavor, add freeze dried whole raspberries to chocolate brownie batters or a minute cake in a cup.
- Use freeze dried sliced strawberries or mixed fruit nibs to garnish a dessert.
- Cheesecake recipes can benefit from the use of freeze dried fruit or fruit powders.
- Make homemade oatmeal bars or energy balls with freeze dried fruit nibs.
- A goats cheese salad can be topped with freeze-dried pomegranate seeds.
- Sprinkle freeze dried fruit nibs on top of cupcakes and fairy cakes for a natural alternative to sprinkles!
- To make burgers or meatballs, combine freeze dried apple cubes with minced pig or vegan mince.
- As a complement to pork recipes, try adding freeze dried apple
- Jellies with freeze-dried fruits are an excellent option for kids.
- Color and flavor can be added to roulades with freeze dried fruit nibs and powders.
- Overnight chia seed pudding with freeze dried blueberries or peach cubes.
- As with homemade crème brûlée, add fruit powders.
- Serve whole freeze dried strawberries with warm melted dark chocolate as a dip.
What of all our tips will you try out? Let us know in the comments!
Shop our entire selection of freeze dried fruits and powders