The season of pumpkin is here and I love Butternut pumpkins. It's relatively cheap and easy to find. Not so common to use among Swedes yet, I believe, but this recipe might do it for you. This is a great soup for a cold crispy day. Easy to do and loved by many.
- 1 Butternut pumpkin peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 3 table spoons of freeze dried onion sprinkles
- 1 table spoon of freeze dried garlic
- 7 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of freeze dried apple powder (you can also skip it)
- ½ cup heavy cream or coconut cream
- Freeze dried thyme, for garnish (optional)
This is how you do it:
Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 35 minutes.
Mix in a blender
Serve it with a boiled egg or some Smoked sugarfree ham.
Have a nice meal!